Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ewe Kill Me

Freshmen and sophomores have to be the strangest people on the planet. They are kinda in their awkward stages of life where they are just entering high school and appear to be really immature. As I sit in Mr. Head’s room, I realize I am sitting amongst a group of monkeys; really loud, smelly, silly monkeys. I’m surprised that they weren’t hanging from the ceiling upside down. Señor Cabeza was trying his best to control them.
“You’ll get homework again if you keep talking.”
“We don’t want homework again. You guys be quiet,” blurts out the loud mouth of the bunch.
It wasn’t ten seconds later, and everyone started chattering again. I smile to myself while Mr. Head is trying to control his frustration.
Meanwhile, in the back corner of the classroom, Kaleb starts blurting out Chewbacca sounds.
“Knock it off,” said Mr. Head testily.
Mr. Head turned his back to the class, and Chewbacca did it again; twice. Everybody laughed.
Before the Spanish game started, there was a quick discussion about the trip to Spain.
“Are there any cute girls in Spain?” asked the middle Allen.
“There are none,” replied Señor Head.
“Big ones, small ones, some the size of your head,” could be heard from the back of the classroom being sung by two sophomore boys.
Then the game had begun. My ears started burning while I was listening to these Spanish I kids try to pronunciate the words correctly. Inside my head I’m telling them to say “moo-sica”, like a cow, not “m-ewe-sica” like a sheep. I slowly start daydreaming about farm animals, and I crack myself up when I realize this. Then, all of a sudden, I see this finger glowing red out of the corner of my eye. I instantly think of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and, if you knew me, you would know that I’ve been deathly afraid of E.T. ever since I was a little girl. I almost peed my pants and ran out of the classroom when I saw it. It turns out that it was only a fake, light up finger that Little Sacry put on his finger.
“Hey, Mr. Head, look.” He lifts up his finger and is ignored. He calls to Mr. Head again.
“What?”
“Look.”
“Wow.”
Mr. Head then chuckles.
“What does sexta mean?”
Now the sex jokes are flying around the classroom.
“They were doing it in the backseat of her car, and you could hear it from a mile away.”
“I was not,” screamed the eccentric red head.
“No, it means sixth,” explained Mr. Head.
“Indeed-i-o,” murmured Chewbacca in the back.
The game was coming to a close, and fourth period was almost over. I reflected back on the time that I spent with those dirty apes and was glad that it was almost over. I was ecstatic when the bell rang, and we all stampeded out of the classroom to lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment