Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Revenge

I was always there for you
To help you dry your tears.
I was your lean-to
And got rid of all your fears.

You were my best friend.
You were my rock.
I hated your stupid boyfriend
That used you like a dirty sock.

I tried to warn you,
But you would not listen.
What you did is something you can’t undo,
And, for that, I know you will always miss him.

“Let’s do something tonight,” I would say.
“I can’t, I’m busy,” she would always reply.
In sorrow I would state, “Maybe next Sunday,”
And let out a sigh.

My patience grew thin
As I saw less of her.
Competing with him, I could never win.
To her, he was always better.

All those years meant nothing,
And all those hours spent
Resulted in loathing
And my discontent.

You’re so naïve
And just a child.
He was destined to deceive
And leave you defiled.

I tried to pick up the pieces
And put them back together.
The pieces would not fit,
And now I’ve lost you forever.

He is to blame.
You can’t deny.
I’ve been dying inside
Ever since he came.

He must die.
He cannot live.
I will not let him tell you another lie
And let you be submissive.

I got my knife
And went to his room.
I took his life.
“They killed himself,” they would presume.

Nobody would ever know,
That was the way it had to be.
I never had to hide my shadow
Because I would always be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment